Unveiling the Dark truth of the Dark Web

When the servers of huge organizations are hacked, one of the things that toss up is selling vital information on the Deep Web or the Deepnet or the Invisible web to the hackers who can further exploit that information in a negative way.

So people imagine, “what this Deep web or the Invisible web is”?

The deep web can be said that part of the internet that cannot be found simply by searching on search engines.

In fact, search engines only account for the 10% of the total internet and the rest 90% which is not accessible by the search engines is known as the Deep Web.

Deep web in simple words is said to the stuff on the internet that for some reason or the other cannot be indexed and cannot be reached by traditional search engines. It’s just any page that you simply cannot reach to without having the actual URL and the permission to access it.

The tradition search engines like Google uses web crawler softwares sometimes known as spiders to find and index web pages. These indexes are as much of the internet that search engines (like Google) are able to find.

deep web img

The spiders start by finding a few pages at first, then they follow links on the web pages that are searched, to other web pages and so on. This process goes on until heavy lists of web pages are created that consist the information. Nevertheless, there are a lot of things that these spiders cannot reach or are not able to access; these unreachable internet contents are what we call Deep Web.

There are a small subsection anonymous networks in the deep web known as the Dark Net and it uses free services such as TOR (The TOR name is derived from an acronym for the original software project name “The Onion Router”. Tor directs Internet traffic through a free, worldwide, volunteer network consisting of more than seven thousand relays to conceal a user’s location and usage from anyone conducting network surveillance or traffic analysis) to browse the web and host websites anonymously. They also provide services that run on the internet but can only be reached through the private network, some of the services have included internet black markets such as silk road where users have to access to drugs, weapons, and even assassins.

deep dark web

Generally, Dark Web sites go down occasionally because of their dark miscellaneous nature.

In addition, it is advised by experts that normal users stay away from the dark web as it makes a normal user vulnerable to cyber attacks and also because of the illegal contents present on the dark web.

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s